Dec 15, 2008

Ubiquinone or Ubiquinol ... That is the Question

Mia has been coughing a lot more lately, which definitely worries me. She's been coughing regularly throughout the day. Then it occurred to me why; I was using up the remaining bottle of Q-absorb (100 mg) instead of giving her the ubiquinol form of CoQ10. So, I braved the slushy snow today (yes, it snowed most of the day in the Las Vegas valley) and drove to the vitamin shop near me that sells ubiquinol CoQ10. Mia was sleeping when I got back, so I let her be. But when a coughing episode awakened her, I gave her 300 mg's (three capsules) from the ubiquinol bottle. The coughing ended almost immediately and she hasn't coughed in several hours. I won't do that again, try to use up a bottle just because I happen to have it in the house. The absorption rate of ubiquinol has been proven to me several times over to be far superior than ubiquinone. CoQ10 in ubiquinol form is about $15 more for a bottle of 60 gel capsules, which, at a minimum of 600 mg's a day that Mia takes, adds up. My No. 1 goal, however, is for Mia to be comfortable, and just a few days without the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 caused her discomfort. It's well worth the added cost to see her rest easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment